Southern California Regional Rail Authority (SCRRA) completed the design of Vincent Grade / Acton Station in 2011. PRE was assigned the project to review and update the plans, and create specifications and estimates to see the project forward.
Project Scope, Successes
PRE staff leveraged their expertise in SCRRA PTC signal and communications standard design to quickly update the design package to help meet a funding deadline. PRE revised the design to include PTC equipment and conform to the most recent SCRRA Customer Information Systems (CIS) station standards.
The project included the design of new control points, a pedestrian crossing, and the addition of a second station platform with changeable message signs and public address speakers. The original platform was designed to rehabilitate the existing changeable message signs, including relocation of signs and speakers to facilitate removal of some platform light fixtures. PRE conducted field visits to assess conditions to complete the design in a compressed schedule.
PRE participated in multiple coordination meetings with LACMTA, SCRRA and the Civil designer, HDR. The project was successfully bid and awarded in 2015. PRE also provided Design Support During Construction (DSDC) and inspection services.
• Design of 2 control points, 1 pedestrian crossing and addition of CIS to a new station platform.
• Design for CIS rehabilitation of the existing station platform.
• Supported a compressed schedule for completion of activities, getting up to speed on the project quickly.
• Design conforms to CIS and PTC wayside standards
• Coordinated with civil designer, and LACMTA